DynexDX-UBDB9 Serial USB Adapter and Polar s625x

Discussions on the Polar range of Heart Rate Monitors
rmyounger

DynexDX-UBDB9 Serial USB Adapter and Polar s625x

Post by rmyounger » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:42 pm

Has anyone had luck with a Dynex adapter? I cannot get iSMARTtrain to recognize my S625x despite downloading the Mac drivers from Dynex. I have an Intel Core 2 Duo processor in an IMac which may be the problem. Does the Keyspan adapter work with Intel processors on Macs? Love to hear about any successes before I throw any more money at the problem.

Rusty Smith

Re: DynexDX-UBDB9 Serial USB Adapter and Polar s625x

Post by Rusty Smith » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:44 pm

Hi rmyounger. Yes, the keyspan device works perfectly with intel macs. Sorry, I cannot comment on the DynexDX though...
Rusty Smith
MacBook Pro (Unibody)
OS X 10.6.6
iSmartTrain v3.0.8 Beta 3
Polar Serial Adapter with Keyspan USA-19HS
Polar S625x
Polar cs200
Garmin Edge 500
Garmin Edge 800
Garmin Forerunner 310xt

bam93

Post by bam93 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:35 pm

Hi,

I've got a s725x and am very interested in your discussion.
Where did you get the Polar Serial Adapter interface from? It seems as if it is no longer sold...

Thanks
Bam93

Rob Hall

Post by Rob Hall » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:34 am

I have a similar polar heart monitor and I cannot seem to get ismart to make it clear to me just what adapter I need. The Polar cam with a IR USB reader that works fine if I use it in Bootcamp or windows with Polar software but when I try to use it with ismart on Mac os 10.6 it cannot read it and only gives me the option to connect with bluetooth. This is not an option with the hardware but the software suggests it. If anyone has a solution please make it easy for me to understand. So far ismart say they provide a program that will operate for the s625x and s725x but it has not worked out for me.
Sorry to burden you by my lack of success.
Rob

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:16 pm

Rob Hall wrote:I have a similar polar heart monitor and I cannot seem to get ismart to make it clear to me just what adapter I need. The Polar cam with a IR USB reader that works fine if I use it in Bootcamp or windows with Polar software but when I try to use it with ismart on Mac os 10.6 it cannot read it and only gives me the option to connect with bluetooth. This is not an option with the hardware but the software suggests it. If anyone has a solution please make it easy for me to understand. So far ismart say they provide a program that will operate for the s625x and s725x but it has not worked out for me.
Sorry to burden you by my lack of success.
Rob

Rob,
As explained, the USB-IR adaptor won't work on a Mac - http://www.ismarttrain.com/faq.php

You need the Polar IR-Serial interface and a USB-Serial adaptor.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart
OTAG Technologies Ltd