Problem with Xtrainer Plus

Discussions on the Polar range of Heart Rate Monitors
plueschi

Problem with Xtrainer Plus

Post by plueschi » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:44 pm

HI!
I have a Xtrainer Plus and the Polar interface Plus and try to download my training sessions from the Xtrainer, but it doesn't work. I bought a Hama usb-serial converter with a OSX driver, and the interface is shown as "usbserial" in the download menu. (I choose Add--> Download). What could be the problem? I also tried all possible settings in the Advanced Menu (XON, DTR, CTS) but nothing worked. I tried the interface in Windows with the original software and i works without any problem. Can you please help me? I don't want to install parallels just for one application.

Greetings from Austria, Tom

r0ssi9

Re: Problem with Xtrainer Plus

Post by r0ssi9 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:56 pm

I would like a solution for this, since I am in the same boat.

I use the same RS232-USB interface for my s720i, but instead of the Polar Serial Interface I use the Polar Advantage interface.

Instead of the Download tab I use the "add" tab and go to. iSmartTrain just waits for data. Need some help plz

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:08 pm

r0ssi9 wrote:I would like a solution for this, since I am in the same boat.

I use the same RS232-USB interface for my s720i, but instead of the Polar Serial Interface I use the Polar Advantage interface.

Instead of the Download tab I use the "add" tab and go to. iSmartTrain just waits for data. Need some help plz

The Polar Advantage interface won't work with the S720i. It only supports Polar's old non-IR models.

Regards

Stuart

r0ssi9

Post by r0ssi9 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:35 pm

Stuart wrote:

The Polar Advantage interface won't work with the S720i. It only supports Polar's old non-IR models.

Regards

Stuart

I use the same RS232-USB interface for my s720i, but instead of the Polar Serial Interface I use the Polar Advantage interface, when I try to connect with my Xtrainer Plus. I inserted a 9V bat. to the interface.

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:36 pm

r0ssi9 wrote:
Stuart wrote:

Regards

Stuart

I use the same RS232-USB interface for my s720i, but instead of the Polar Serial Interface I use the Polar Advantage interface, when I try to connect with my Xtrainer Plus. I inserted a 9V bat. to the interface.

I'm not sure if the Advantage interface even works with the XTrainer - I've only used the Interface Plus, and that's all we officially support in iSMARTtrain.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

r0ssi9

Post by r0ssi9 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:21 pm

Polar: Polar XTrainer Plus (Interface Plus or Advantage Interface)

So both interfaces should work. What do u do when u want to transfer the data? Does the interface need the 9V bat inside. Do I use the add button in ismarttrain? Which menu do I have to activate on the watch?

Thx, I really want this to work :D

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:54 pm

r0ssi9 wrote:Polar: Polar XTrainer Plus (Interface Plus or Advantage Interface)

So both interfaces should work. What do u do when u want to transfer the data? Does the interface need the 9V bat inside. Do I use the add button in ismarttrain? Which menu do I have to activate on the watch?

Thx, I really want this to work :D

Like I said, we only support the Interface Plus in iSMARTtrain.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart