Does RS800cx G3 work well on ISMARTtrain.

Discussions on the Polar range of Heart Rate Monitors
claud67

Does RS800cx G3 work well on ISMARTtrain.

Post by claud67 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:20 am

I wanted to buy a polar HRM RS800cx G3 But i was told that polar software pro trainer 5 did not support mac.

I have a imac OS X 10.6.2 and I am worried that i will purchase this polar HRM and have problems downloading data, my question is does iSMARTtrain work well with this particular HRM. Does anyone els use the RS800cx G3 with iSMARTtrain on a mac.

I have searched on mac forums and polar forum and there are allot of people with the same problem. Someone had suggested ISMARTtrain.

The watch is not cheap then the added cost of the software, my main concern is that i purchase both products and have problems downloading data.

Is ISMARTtrain difficult to use and can i download data from RS800cx G3 to my mac.

If not witch HRM are compatible with ISMARTtrain.

Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Does RS800cx G3 work well on ISMARTtrain.

Post by Stuart » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:00 pm

claud67 wrote:I wanted to buy a polar HRM RS800cx G3 But i was told that polar software pro trainer 5 did not support mac.

I have a imac OS X 10.6.2 and I am worried that i will purchase this polar HRM and have problems downloading data, my question is does iSMARTtrain work well with this particular HRM. Does anyone els use the RS800cx G3 with iSMARTtrain on a mac.

I have searched on mac forums and polar forum and there are allot of people with the same problem. Someone had suggested ISMARTtrain.

The watch is not cheap then the added cost of the software, my main concern is that i purchase both products and have problems downloading data.

Is ISMARTtrain difficult to use and can i download data from RS800cx G3 to my mac.

If not witch HRM are compatible with ISMARTtrain.

At the moment, you can't directly download from the RS800 into iSMARTtrain, due to issues with the drivers for the IR interface. We hope to have this fixed soon, although we're at the mercy of the device manufacturers.

I'd like to think that iSMARTtrain is easy to use, but I'm probably not the best person to answer that question!

Thanks & Regards

Stuart
OTAG Technologies Ltd

claud67

Re: Does RS800cx G3 work well on ISMARTtrain.

Post by claud67 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:32 am

Thank you Stuart, and good luck with the drives and IR interface.

It is a shame that polar doe's not consider mac in there software.

I changed over from windows xp to Mac two years ago and never looked back, i would never consider changing my imac for vista.

Don't even wont to turn windows on my imac, so if i decide to by the watch i think i might bring out my old IBM thinkpad.

I have had a quick look at ismarttrain and if you solve the problem i would defiantly use it.

Kind Regards,

Claud.