Polar IRDA - USB Interface

Discussions on the Polar range of Heart Rate Monitors
portsix

Polar IRDA - USB Interface

Post by portsix » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:36 pm

Hey guys,

I've been following the discussion on the Polar IRDA - USB interface, and was curious if there's a way to tell if it's the supported model (non-MosChip version) before buying it, or if you have to look in the device properties once installing to tell which version you have. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Keep up the great work!

D.

Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Polar IRDA - USB Interface

Post by Stuart » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:21 pm

portsix wrote:Hey guys,

I've been following the discussion on the Polar IRDA - USB interface, and was curious if there's a way to tell if it's the supported model (non-MosChip version) before buying it, or if you have to look in the device properties once installing to tell which version you have. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Keep up the great work!

D.

I've got both models here on my desk in front of me. The Sigmatel one has IRwave printed on it, and the MosChip one has 'Polar' printed on it. The Sigmatel one was bought when the adaptors were first release by Polar so I'm not sure if ALL the Sigmatel ones have 'IRwave' on them or if some models have Polar on them. I would suspect that all the ones on sale now are the MosChip models, as Sigmatel were bought over by Freescale and the IrDA products appear to have been discontinued.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart
Yellow Field Technologies Ltd

portsix

Re: Polar IRDA - USB Interface

Post by portsix » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:10 pm

Thanks Stuart, I really appreciate the info! I assume that the MosChip version is still unsupported? Any updates?

D.