In Beta 10, we’ve moved from using a flat file format to a bundle. There’s various reasons for this, including compatibility with the forthcoming iOS version.
You’ll need to convert any existing documents you have to the new file format as follows:
- Open the existing file in iSMARTtrain
- Select ‘Export to JSON’ from the file menu. Save the file that’s created and make a note of its location. By default, it’ll have the same name as the file you’re exporting.
- Create a new document by selecting ‘New’ from the ‘File’ menu. This document will be in the file format.
- Select ‘Import from JSON’ from the file menu and select the file you created in step 2.
- The data from the old-format document will be importing into the new document.
To tell if a document is in the new or old file format, look at the file extension (this may be hidden). It’ll be ‘.db’ for an old-format file, and ‘.istdb’ for a new-format one.
As always, if you got any questions/problems, let me know – firstname.lastname@example.org