iSMARTtrain V4.0

A few customers have commented that’s it has been a bit quiet here recently, so I though I’d let you know what we’re up to with iSMARTtrain.

We’re currently hard at work on the next release of iSMARTtrain, V4.0. This is a complete re-write from the ground up to take full advantage of the latest Mac OS X features, such as iCloud. We’re also be supporting some of the newer devices on the market, such as swim watches.

Unfortunately, client work has taken up much of our time recently, meaning that this revision has taken rather longer than we’d like.

We’ve already started alpha testing with a group of customers, and we’ll extend this further once we’re at the beta stage.

The screenshot below is just a teaser of our new interface:
ISMARTtrainV4 HRGraph
ISMARTtrainV4 Map

This entry was posted in Cocoa, Ergomo, Garmin, iSMARTtrain, Polar, Polar HRMs, PowerTap, SRM, Suunto. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to iSMARTtrain V4.0

1. torebb says:

Nice! Looking forward to it. Just take contact if you need someone to do some testing 🙂

2. Heribert says:

When will this go live? I would also opffer myself as Betatester. Currently I am fed up by using PPT5 and Polarpersonaltrainer.com with my RS800CX and CS500+. Both do not properly work together! I do hope your SW can bring me first back to the mac and second let me import all data conveniently to your SW.

3. Can you tell us more about when a public beta will be available, or event better the final product? 😀

4. Hello again Stuart. Are we there yet? 🙂
    Also, will the 4.0 beta work well with the Garmin 910XT?

• Jason says:

While we’re listing devices, I’ll add the Polar RC3. I’ve been bringing my injured Polar 625X back from the dead for the last two years, waiting for the next iSMARTtrain update … but the 625x has finally died and forced my hand. Thanks.

5. Steve Herold says:

Hey, just bought the V3 software off the App Store after finally finding an old serial IR with Keyspan adaptor. Now works well with Polar S720i… finally on my Mac after years of suffering with Polar software on an old PC – Thank you.

I would very happy to test the 4.0 app – if I can run the 3.0.9 version in parallel. (As well, I have 10+ years UI/UX design experience.)

Feature request:
    It would be great to get some “batch editing” options – like iTunes. I am currently migrating 7 years of HRM files – like 2000+ … it’s satisfying but also maddening.

Keep the rubber side down!

6. Still nothing to report?

7. George Layfield says:

Dear Stuart, Thanks for this blog.

I was concerned that iSmartTrain was history but this clearly demonstrates that that’s not the case.

I use a Polar FT80 mostly for gym use and currently import to V3.09. Let me know when you have V4 ready for testing against the Polar interface. I’d be delighted to help.

Kind regards,

George

8. Mark Stewart says:

Just had to upgrade to 910xt after losing my 310xt in the sea during a race. Would be happy to test for you if that were possible.

Clearing the old download history would be a request from me. It has always been pretty good at clearing up on my Edge705, but the 310xt seemed to remember and automatically select all manner of rubbish – deleted data files etc and I always ended up making the selection manually.

Otherwise love iSMARTtrain and can’t wait for the new version. Thanks Mark