Edge 500 support

Discussions on Garmin's Edge and ForeRunner Devices
webchem

Edge 500 support

Post by webchem » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:21 am

Are there plans to support this device in the future? I don't see it in the list of currently supported Garmin units.

Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Edge 500 support

Post by Stuart » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:55 pm

webchem wrote:Are there plans to support this device in the future? I don't see it in the list of currently supported Garmin units.

Yes, we're just waiting to get details of the .FIT file from the ANT+ guys.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

webchem

Post by webchem » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:34 am

Excellent. I've just started using the Edge 500, but am impressed so far and would love to be able to use it as my primary cyclecomputer, but I could not give up iSMARTtrain and feel a bit silly having two units on my bike at the same time. Thanks.

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:46 pm

webchem wrote:Excellent. I've just started using the Edge 500, but am impressed so far and would love to be able to use it as my primary cyclecomputer, but I could not give up iSMARTtrain and feel a bit silly having two units on my bike at the same time. Thanks.

Hi,
Can you send me a couple of .FIT files from your Edge 500, please, so that I can do some testing.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

mcmasty

Post by mcmasty » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:26 pm

Note:

I used the GarminConnect Web-Site, to export my workouts as GPX and TCX files...and neither one of these formats were successfully imported by iSMARTtrain.

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:41 pm

mcmasty wrote:Note:

I used the GarminConnect Web-Site, to export my workouts as GPX and TCX files...and neither one of these formats were successfully imported by iSMARTtrain.

Can you send me the files, please.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

Virgile

Post by Virgile » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:48 pm

Hi,
Thanks for improving ismarttrain again and again.
Exporting edge 500 data from garmin training center and importing them in ismarttrain works well. However, overall time is considered, even if you stop the stopwatch when not riding. Therefore breaks in the ride does increase the overall length of your rides. Is it possible to take into account the time spent while riding, only? For example, today, the GTC considers an approx. 1:34:00 ride, while Ismarttrain does it with 1:47:00., which is quite different.

Otherwise, du you still need some .fit files? I can send you some of mine.

Best regards
Virgile

Rusty Smith

Post by Rusty Smith » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:56 am

Hi Stuart - long time, hope all is well.
I have just traded in my polar cs200 for a Garmin 500 and a Quarq power meter and soon will have a Garmin 800 as well. A couple of observations, and questions (some of these are noted elsewhere in the forum):

1) Start time is GMT, any way to add a local time option to iSmartTrain, or have it read the system clock, or will it always require a manual edit?
2) iSmartTrain uses "total elapsed time" from the Garmin device for the "duration" field. I think it should use the "time" (stopwatch time) data from the Garmin instead. That would report a time consistent with the user's preference re: auto start/stop feature on the Garmin.
3) When I select "view > route map" in iSmartTrain, it shows me riding across the Atlantic Ocean, making a temporary stop in Northern Tibet, and then returning to Atlanta, GA - I don't think I did that, am I importing incorrectly? I am using 3.0.8 beta 03.
4) Do you plan on adding graphs of power distribution, critical power distribution, power zones, mean max power, etc. to iSmartTrain in the future?

All the best!
Rusty Smith
MacBook Pro (Unibody)
OS X 10.6.6
iSmartTrain v3.0.8 Beta 3
Polar Serial Adapter with Keyspan USA-19HS
Polar S625x
Polar cs200
Garmin Edge 500
Garmin Edge 800
Garmin Forerunner 310xt

Chris

Post by Chris » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:44 am

Hi

With reference to this...

Rusty Smith wrote:iSmartTrain uses "total elapsed time" from the Garmin device for the "duration" field. I think it should use the "time" (stopwatch time) data from the Garmin instead. That would report a time consistent with the user's preference re: auto start/stop feature on the Garmin.

Has this been addressed? If so could someone refer me to the settings I need to configure?

If not will this be data be configurable in version 4.0 release?

My preference is always the moving duration when referencing data from my Garmin.

Many thanks

Chris
--
Chris
Brisbane, Australia