Import iSmartTrain into Garmin Training Center

Discussions on Garmin's Edge and ForeRunner Devices
digitalwright

Import iSmartTrain into Garmin Training Center

Post by digitalwright » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:40 pm

Hello,

Since this is my first post, let me say that I am a big fan of iSmartTrain. I know it is possible to import all data from Garmin's Training Center into iSmartTrain. Is there a tool that would allow an iSmartTrain database to be imported into Garmin's Training Center?

Thanks!,
Erik

Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Import iSmartTrain into Garmin Training Center

Post by Stuart » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:00 pm

digitalwright wrote:Hello,

Since this is my first post, let me say that I am a big fan of iSmartTrain. I know it is possible to import all data from Garmin's Training Center into iSmartTrain. Is there a tool that would allow an iSmartTrain database to be imported into Garmin's Training Center?

Thanks!,
Erik

Hi,
You can export all your data from Garmin's software as a tcx file, which you can then import into iSMARTtrain.

Regards

Stuart

digitalwright

Post by digitalwright » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:58 pm

Hi Stuart,

I am wondering if anyone has figured out a way of going the opposite direction - from iSmartTrain to Garmin. I want to know if there is a way to easily switch between the two applications.

Thanks!,
Erik

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:19 pm

digitalwright wrote:Hi Stuart,

I am wondering if anyone has figured out a way of going the opposite direction - from iSmartTrain to Garmin. I want to know if there is a way to easily switch between the two applications.

Thanks!,
Erik

Whoops, sorry, Erik, I didn't read your post properly!

At the moment, there's no way to go from iSMARTtrain to Training Center, but we're going to be adding .tcx format exporting soon, which should let you do that.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart
OTAG Technologies Ltd