ANT Support up for Garmin Forerunner 405/Mac

Discussions on Garmin's Edge and ForeRunner Devices
ntipton

ANT Support up for Garmin Forerunner 405/Mac

Post by ntipton » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:38 am

I just found out that the ANT is now supported to Garmin Connect.... get to work Stuart!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Stuart
Site Admin

Re: ANT Support up for Garmin Forerunner 405/Mac

Post by Stuart » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:33 am

Hi Nancy,
Already on the case!

As a quick-and-dirty fix, the Garmin driver downloads your data from the 405 as tcx files and puts them in the folder '/Users/your_username/Library/Application Support/Garmin/Devices/your_device_id/History'. You should be able to import the .tcx files from there into iSMARTtrain.

Of course, we're working on making it a lot easier to use than that! I'm going to try to get my hands on a 405 this week to replace my aging FR301.

Let me know if you have any problems,

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

ntipton wrote:I just found out that the ANT is now supported to Garmin Connect.... get to work Stuart!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

ntipton

Post by ntipton » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:46 pm

Thanks for that info..... Looking forward to importing right into IST so I don't have to use the nasty Garmin Connect.

By the way, have you thought about taking iSMARTtrain to a web-based service????

JJR

Post by JJR » Sun May 31, 2009 10:34 am

Hi Stuart - I'm wondering if you can give me some advise on getting my Garmin Foreunner 405CX to work with ismarttrain on the mac? I've just moved from a Polar 625X with the IR Adaptor and wanted to combine speed with my HR. I have followed your previous post about importing the TCX from the ~Garmin/Devices/History folder and this works fine. However, I don't get a readable Data Graph display in ismarttrain.

Everything seems to work fine and I get a Diary that looks correct with all the correct values:
[img]/Users/JJR/Desktop/Session%20Diary.jpg[/img]

However, the Data Graph is a confused mess:
[img]/Users/JJR/Desktop/iSMARTtrain%20-%2031_05_09%20-%202_10%20PM%20-%20Data%20Graph-1.jpg[/img]

This is what it looks like in Garmin Connect:
[img]/Users/JJR/Desktop/Garmin%20Connect%20-Player%20for%20OC1.jpg[/img]

Am I doing something wrong or are you working on this one already?

Thanks again
Jason

JJR

Post by JJR » Sun May 31, 2009 10:42 am

Hi Stuart - I'm wondering if you can give me some advise on getting my Garmin Foreunner 405CX to work with ismarttrain on the mac? I've just moved from a Polar 625X with the IR Adaptor and wanted to combine speed with my HR. I have followed your previous post about importing the TCX from the ~Garmin/Devices/History folder and this works fine. However, I don't get a readable Data Graph display in ismarttrain.

Everything seems to work fine and I get a Diary that looks correct with all the correct values. However, the Data Graph is a confused mess.

The file looks OK in Garmin Connect so I know it's not a corruption.

Thanks again
Jason

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Sun May 31, 2009 6:01 pm

Hi Jason,
I think this is fixed in the V3.0.6 Betas that we're testing at the moment - which version are you experiencing this problem with?

Regards

Stuart

JJR wrote:Hi Stuart - I'm wondering if you can give me some advise on getting my Garmin Foreunner 405CX to work with ismarttrain on the mac? I've just moved from a Polar 625X with the IR Adaptor and wanted to combine speed with my HR. I have followed your previous post about importing the TCX from the ~Garmin/Devices/History folder and this works fine. However, I don't get a readable Data Graph display in ismarttrain.

Everything seems to work fine and I get a Diary that looks correct with all the correct values. However, the Data Graph is a confused mess.

The file looks OK in Garmin Connect so I know it's not a corruption.

Thanks again
Jason

Hutch

Post by Hutch » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:50 pm

I have the same issue that the 405CX doesn't graph properly using 3.0.5. everything else looks good. Will 3.0.6 support the ANT? Can't wait I have a Edge 705 on the way too. Love the program by the way.

Clive

Post by Clive » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:27 pm

Stuart has this been fixed automatically yet?

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:59 am

Clive wrote:Stuart has this been fixed automatically yet?

Have you tried the V3.0.6 Beta - http://www.ismarttrain.com/Beta/ ?

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

bachfiend

Post by bachfiend » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:48 pm

Hi Stuart,

I'm having trouble with the Garmin 405 importing into iSmarttrain too. The heart rate data is OK, but the graph is a mess with a lot of less than 30s. I'm using the latest version 3.0.9.

I'm posting, so I can be notified when a fix is done.