Version 4.1.1 is FINALLY released today – download from https://ismarttrain.com/download.php, or use ‘Check for Updates’ in the App. This is mainly a bug-fix release, with improved handling of manually entered sessions and better downloading from Garmin and SRM PC8 devices.
Finally, we’ve released iSMARTtrain V4.1. This new version includes several new analysis graphs, improved swim tracking and many bug fixes.
Power-Duration Graph shows the maximum average power for each duration from one second up the duration of the session.
Force-RPM Graph is based on a concept by Dr Andrew Coggan and shows the force on the pedals and rotation speed of the cranks for each data point recorded. The graph has four quadrants:
- The top right is high cadence and high force. Sprint efforts are in this area.
- The top left is low cadence and high force. Accelerations from stopped in a big gear are in here.
- The bottom left is low cadence and low force. Recovery rides and easy spinning are mainly in this area.
- The bottom right is high cadence and low force. A time-trial effort generally be this area.
It’s a free upgrade to existing V4 users.
Upgrade from ismarttrain.com/downloads or the Mac App Store
Beta 10’s out today – this fixes an issue where users weren’t asked to save a newly-created document quiting iSMARTtrain – this only affected users with Mac OS 10.12.
Download from http://ismarttrain.com/beta/
As always, any problems or questions, please let me know – email@example.com
One of the improvements we’d made in V4.1 is how data from pool swims is displayed. Data from devices such as the Garmin Swim, Forerunner 910xt, 920xt & 735xt is displayed as in the screen-shot below.
Each length is shown as a bar, the length of which represents the time for that length. The X-Axis shows the duration of the swim session, and any rests between lengths are shown as gaps between the bars. Clicking on the bar displays the details for the particular length, such as SWOLF, Stroke Count and duration.
The latest beta for V4.1 can be downloaded from http://ismarttrain.com/beta/.
V4.0.1 Beta 6 is out tonight.
Download from http://www.ismarttrain.com/beta/
- Can now hide Garmin devices managed by ANT Agent & Garmin Express in the left-hand panel by right-clicking
- Added ‘-‘ button to delete items from Manage Sports, Equipment & Keyword Windows
- Improved the drawing of the Calendar View
- Pool Swims now show individual lengths on Data Graph with popover for details of each length
Any problems/questions with the beta, please email me – firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re currently beta testing V4.1 of iSMARTtrain. In this release, we’ve added two new features related to cycling power analysis. To try out the beta version, visit our beta site.
Power Duration Graph
The Power-Duration graph shows the maximum power averaged for each given amount of time. It scans through your session, finding your maximum one-second power, two-second power, etc., right up to the session duration.
How do I use this info
You can use this graph to discover your maximum average power for a given interval. For instance, to find your power for a 5 minute interval, simple move the cursor along the graph to the 5 minute point, and you’ll see your average power for that period.
What options are there
The graph can show just a single session, or it can show a range of sessions by using the filter button in the toolbar to filter by date range or sport.
This graph divides the session data into low cadence/low power, low cadence/high power, high cadence/low power & high cadence/high power areas. Each sector shows the percentage of the total ride time spent in this quadrant. The concept for this was developed by Dr. Andrew Coggan.
How do I use this info
This graph lets you see if you pedal stroke is more of a ‘spinner’ or a ‘masher’ for a given ride. You’ll also see a difference depending on the type of ride or terrain. The percentage of total time is shown for each quadrant
What options are there
The dividing line for power is set to user’s FTP, but can be changed; dividing line for cadence is set to 80 rpm, but can also be changed.
V4.0.9 is released this evening. This version has a couple of enhancements and fixes a few bugs, as detailed below:
- Fixed crash importing V3.0 files
- Now correctly shows TRIMP on Session Graph
- No longer crashes with ‘Could not merge changes’ error
- Now allows line breaks in Session Notes & Route description
- Fixed crash when FTDI devices (Joule, SRM PC7) are unplugged
- Now imports laps from SRM PC8 files correctly
- Now correctly handles manually entered HR Zone times
Download from: http://ismarttrain.com/download.php
V4.0.8 is released today. This release fixes a couple of issues with Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) where iSMARTtrain had some problems accessing resources on the internet.
You might need to update to this release manually by visiting http://ismarttrain.com/download.php, if the ‘Check for Updates’ option doesn’t show that an update is available.
With the release of Mac OS X 10.11, Apple has removed some of the restrictions on using Apple Maps in applications. In previous releases of Mac OS X, only apps sold via the Mac App store could use Apple Maps, similar to the restrictions placed on iCloud.
If you’re using 4.0.7 on El Capitan, you’ll notice a difference in the look of the maps, and you’ll see more information presented when you click on a lap marker.
Version 4.0.7 is out today – It includes a number of fixes for Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), as well as the others listed below.
Any problems/Questions, just let me know: email@example.com
- Now Imports Equipment Data from V3 files correctly
- Improved Maps in Mac OS X 10.11
- Improved downloading from Polar ‘S’ series devices
- Climb now shows correctly for Imperial Units
- Can now change the Bar Width on the Distribution Graph for Mac OS X 10.10 and above
- Equipment Management now correctly handles active/inactive items
- Garmin .tcx files now import with correct distance
- Now supports SRM PC8
- Improved SRM PC6/7 Downloading
Download from http://www.ismarttrain.com/downloads.php or from the Mac App Store.